Friday 24 July 2015

Mikel Obi reveals where he would be playing in the coming season.


Nigeria’s Chelsea midfielder, John Mikel Obi, has cleared the air on speculations surrounding his future at the Stamford Bridge.
The former Lyn Oslo of Norway midfield trojan, who has been at the London club since 2006, who spoke to Chelseafc.com, explained that he has come to see “The Blues” as his home, and has no intention of quitting the club just yet.

Mikel, who is in his 10th pre-season at Chelsea, is now officially the second-longest serving player at Stamford Bridge, after captain John Terry.

Mikel Obi. sitting in front of the his mansion, is not likely to leave Chelsea this season.
Reports say the Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho, has noted on this pre-season trip that the pair (Mikel and Terry), are now the only players who bridge the gap between his trophy-laden first and second spells as Chelsea manager and acknowledges that having a serial winner like Mikel around the group can only be beneficial.
“I want to stay and the manager wants me to stay,” Mikel said, adding: “I’ve got two years [on my contract] here and I’m happy.”
“I like to be somewhere where I have developed friends and family. It’s like my family here and every day I come to work it is like coming in to see my family.
I know all the players and all the staff so it’s going to be a hard place to leave when my contract runs out but let’s see what happens. I want to see out my two years.”
Chelseafc.com further explains that the 2013 Africa Cup of Nation with Nigeria, played the first half of the club’s match with New York Red Bulls on Wednesday leaving the pitch at the break with the Blues 1-0 ahead.
He was said to have created an excellent chance for a second with a fine long pass which was latched on to by his compatriot Victor Moses who was mighty unlucky not to score with a dink that hit the post and not the net.
“Overall it was a pretty good warm-up game but not the result we hoped for, ”Mikel said after the game.
“We knew we needed to start the game well. I was in the dressing room having a shower at the beginning of the second half so I don’t know how we started but we obviously didn’t end the game well.
“We are here to work hard, and we are here to train hard leading to the Community Shield and to the league. I think we’re on the right course. That game was just a one-off game and we know we need to go back to training,buckle up and know the season is starting soon,” he added.
Mourinho had also earlier expressed his desire to keep Mikel’s compatriot,Moses, in the club and has handed him a jersey of a legend.

No comments: